Ever Onward – Our growth is through clear management strategy
Every five years, Daikin drafts a unque strategic management plan called “Fusion.” To provide motivation that extends beyond the pursuit of numerical targets, Daikin also adds challenging goals for the type of the company it wishes to become to inspire employees to strive even further. Far from having reached our peak, Daikin is leaping forward to its next period of growth.
PROGRESS OF DAIKIN’S GROWTHManagement Strategy
FUSION : Since 1995, Daikin has implemented 5-year strategic management plans called Fusion.
In Fusion 15, we have set the challenge of DOUBLING in a 5-YEAR period the scale of business growth Daikin has attained in nearly 90 years of operations since our founding.
GLOBAL DEVELOPMENT ACCLERATION
- 1995 : Established Shanghai Daikin Yah Chong Airconditioning Co. Ltd. in Shanghai, China, as first production base in China.
- 1998 : Proceeded with own subsidiaries in Europe starting in Germany
PROFIT STRUCTURE REFORMS
- Eliminated unprofitable businesses
- improved efficiency of indirect departments
- Made drive to reduce production costs.
BECOME GLOBAL NO. 2 IN AIR CONDITIONING
- 2001 : Made strategic alliance with Trane
- 2003 : Established holding company in China
- 2004 : Established production base in Czech Republic
STRUCTURAL CHANGES FOR SUSTAINABLE GROWTH
- Expanded scale of sales
- Increased AC share in Japan
- increased overseas business ratio
BECOME GLOBAL NO. 1 IN AIR CONDITIONING
- 2006 : M&A of OYL Group
- 2008 : Business tie-up with Gree
- 2008 : M&A of ROTEX
- 2009 : Established production base in India for VRV and chillers
- 2010 : Established subsidiary in Brazil
PROMOTION OF THE ENVIROMENT CONSERVATION AND ACCELERATION OF GLOBAL DEVELOPMENT
- Achieved V-shape recovery for numerical targets after Lehman Shock
FULL ENTRY TO EMERGING MARKETS AND VOLUME ZONE
- 2011 : Established subsidiary in Vietnam
- 2012 : Established subsidairy in Indonesia
- 2012 : Established production base in Suzhou China for residential AC in volume zone market
- 2013 : Established subsidiary in Middle East
ACCELERATION OF GROWTH THROUGH ALLIANCES, PARTNERSHIP, AND M&a
- 2011 : M&A of Airfel in Turkey
- 2012 : M&A of Goodman in the United States